Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A new email yay!


I don't know about you guys but I love hearing from Scott!  It seems like too long in between letters, but I know he is working hard!  I hope you enjoy this week's email!

"Hey! 
    How are you guys? Well, right now I am in Amsterdam and it is huge!  We are in a library with about 11 floors of books, movies, and music. It is crazy, this town is huge. We are here because we had a zone confrence here and we asked president if it would be ok if we spent our p-day in Amsterdam and he said that would be fine. So, here we are it is a really big place. Do you remember those people that stood in the middle of the centrums in Germany, and they were impersonating statues? Well, we saw a couple of them here. It was cool they had a Darth Vader and Ares (god of war) and Poseidon.  
   While we were here roaming around in Amsterdam (don't worry we know where the bad streets are haha) two Americans came up to us and took pictures with us. They were members, and they gave us money for food. It was really nice of them. 
   Elder Kestler, my comp, is from Filmore Utah. I think that we are doing great. We have a couple of potential investigators and people that we will be trying to commit to baptism in this transfer. I am really hoping for one man in particular,  he just needs to pray about it. He has so many questions... and thats good, but he just needs to know it is true and so many of his questions wouldn't matter anymore. I don't know if that makes sense but thats how I see it. 
   Another family is doing really good. Their dad just received the priesthood last week. It was an amazing experience, he asked me and my companion to join in the circle and President Brandenburg preformed the ordinance. When it was over his eyes were filled with water, he dident say anything to me he just smiled and shook my hand. Wow! What an experience. He knows it is true there whole family dose as well. the mom is struggling to discern when she is feeling the holy ghost, so we are teaching a lot about that and I really think it is helping. My dutch is improving and I can understand most of what goes on around me.
  Ok, well I can't really ask you to pray for specific families but just keep praying for them and the missionaries. We had one missionary whose sister died 3 days ago in a car accident, he is doing well and has decided to stay. He is one of my zone leaders. The work progresses and I will continue teaching and working hard.
 love Elder Dalpias"

I have some concerns about posting his address.  I am discussing different options with my computer savvy husband to see what we can do.  In the meantime if you would really like his address and you don't want to wait, post a comment at the bottom of this letter and I will find a way to get that information to you!  Thanks guys!  TTFN!

~Malisa

No comments: