Saturday, August 23, 2008

Latest email!

Hey,
    It sounds like everything is going good over there. Our ward is doing ok, I love it, it is just really small. But the Lord has big plans for this branch. I can see the day when we have a stake in Heerenveen that will be so awesome. 
    As for if I am taking notes of where to go, haha sorry I am not, but I have a good memory and I can speak 
Nederland’s so I don’t think we will have a problem. As for, am I taking pictures? Yes, I have a few and I am planning on next transfer sending a CD with them home. I would do it sooner but I have no money, wow this first transfer has been hard with all the traveling we have had to do it has sucked me dry, I even owe 70 euros to my own account witch I took out one of the first weeks I was here. But the money is not important. If all I had to eat was worms I would still be out here. The people are amazing! Familie Rozendala is still going strong and I am really hoping that Mr. Van Lend will pull through he is so cool.
   We had district meetings and president interviews on Monday in Zwolla. Wow it was so good, president took me aside and told me to talk to the people on the street as if they were your friends, he said "how often would you go up to one of your friends and tell them, I have a message for you about..." you would never say that you would see how they were doing and really show that you care about them. We have been applying that and seeing really a change in the success we have been having, we also ask questions to really get to understand them. It is amazing how much more someone will talk to you when you care and really try to help them, not that I wasn’t before. I just found out how to show it, another thing president asked was to show the power of prayer and if you feel inclined just to pray right there on the street, I haven’t done it on the street, but on the door once and it was a really spiritual experience. It is amazing how the lord will fill your mouth when you really are seeking his will.

love Elder Dalpias


No comments: