Monday, July 14, 2008

Meeting an Apostle

This is from a letter dated 6/25/2008 .....

"This week has been crazy. During the first three days the new mission presidents come to be trained by the prophets and apostles. So they were here this week. I wanted to see one so bad. Well this is what happened. Missionaries are not aloud at the front desk because that is where the prophets and the apostles come in. but I received a call saying that I needed to come down there and call president Cope. At first I was worried that something happened to Grandpa Dalpias. But to my relief it was just about my calling as zone leader. 

So we were waiting at the front desk while they were helping us when a worker said very casually hey its Elder Holland again. Wow! I turned and there he was. We were the only missionaries in the room because missionaries weren’t allowed in there. He started to just walk by. Stopped suddenly, looked at us, and started waking towards us. He shook me and my companions hand and asked us how we were doing and headed off to his meeting. This experience was amazing. We have been teaching constantly about prophets and apostles but to actually meet one was amazing. I wanted to share my testimony in Dutch but I think he was heading to a meeting.

Later that night we had the privilege in our fireside to have Elder Holland, Elder Scott, Elder Perry and Elder Christoferson there, with Elder Oaks speaking. We knew that there was going to be apostles speaking that night so a lot of people lined up at the doors way before it started. We on the other hand went to a door that was locked. We happened to see the 1st councilor in the mtc presidency, and I asked "Are these doors supposed to be open?" and he said oh ya let me check. So we got right in and were 20 ft away from the podium. Wow the spirit there was amazing."

No comments: